Vacancy – Lead Backend Developer [Java]
Location: Eindhoven, campus of Eindhoven University of Technology
Hours per week: Full-time [40h]
Think and work level: HBO or higher | Computer Science
As a Lead Backend Developer you work with other developers and project managers, ensuring a continuous and timely delivery of qualitative solutions, while acting as the go-to person for development advice and technical guidance in your team (Java & microservice architecture).
What you tell your friends you do:
“I usually start my mornings having a catch-up with the pack (Jira board status, anyone?). Then the daily stand-up follows. If there are any issues, I will gladly help! When my team cracks on with its work, I use Java to help them design and develop a highly scalable microservice application. After all I need to stay on top with whatever is happening in my environment. In the afternoon I do my best to impress a potential customer (maybe this could be the next project we land?!). Still can’t skip the merge requests either – we discuss various approaches, before finally grabbing a beer and calling it a day!”
But wait… what does that mean, day-to-day?
- Steering ahead the technical direction & the project delivery
- Code some (more complex) elements in Java in the current projects
- Ensuring the quality of the project & facilitating the QA within the team
- Making sure everybody knows what they need to do (no loose cannons! :))
- Growing & inspiring your team members
- Collaborate closely with other developers and project managers, and provide Java-related tips & tricks
- Help potential customers with providing your technical solution to solve their challenges and discuss the best approach for another new project with another developer
- Develop, develop, develop, of course!
What the pack needs from you:
- 3-5 years of software development behind your back
- You have a solid background in backend development with experience in Java
- You are not afraid to quickly establish yourself as the go-to person for anything Java related (e.g. microservice architecture, Spring framework)
- You are always eager to share your insights and guide your colleagues, especially in hands-on technical level (decisively!)
- You readily sink your teeth in anything that will grow you and aid your teammates’ knowledge
- You enjoy working on different, challenging projects and bringing the best out of people
- You ask the right questions and balance expectations, so that quality is never compromised for the sake of only fulfilling requirements!
- You have experience with daily stand-ups, refinements, planning & retrospectives and you know how to create tickets from user stories.
Joining the pack
Working at Wolfpack means working together with over forty other talented, hungry developers. You will work closely together with Wolfpack’s project managers and your fellow project wolves. Our three core pillars are talent, performance and flexibility. We recruit IT talent early in their careers and give them the opportunity to develop, not only (in) software, but also in soft skills: both professionally and on a more personal level.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- Intelligent colleagues with similar technical backgrounds (both developers and project managers), so that you won’t be alone as ‘the one who knows computer stuff’;
- Office based in Eindhoven, the Brainport region of the Netherlands;
- A great place to work with (among other things) big screens, company notebook and flexible working hours.
Join the pack!
Hungry for more? Click on ‘Apply now’, let us know why you are our ideal lead backend developer and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
The Wolfpack privacy statement is applicable to the processing by Wolfpack of all personal data of job applicants and/or internships.